Personal Injury Protection
What Is Personal Injury Protection? What Does It Cover?
What is PIP coverage?
Personal injury protection, also known as PIP coverage is a component of car insurance that covers medical expenses regardless of who is at fault, and often includes lost wages. Depending on the state you reside in, PIP may be an available option, or an add-on required policy.
What does personal injury protection cover?
PIP provides critical protection costly medical expenses after an accident. Because it is such an important coverage, check the details of your plan coverage health insurance and job loss, if you have these data, to determine the amount of coverage PIP to add to your auto insurance policy. Check to see how your health plan, in particular, is responsible for the expenses after a car accident.
PIP coverage is only available in certain states. While details may vary widely by state, generally a PIP covers the drivers listed on your policy, you and your passengers.
In case of an accident-related injury, personal injury protection can cover:
- Medical expenses: Medical and surgical treatment, dental and optometric treatment, ambulance services and nursing, medicine, medical supplies and prostheses.
- Lost wages (in some cases): If you or your passengers are unable to work due to injuries caused by accidents, PIP can help recover lost wages.
- Substitute services (in some cases): If accident-related injuries restrict you from performing household chores such as cleaning maintain, PIP helps pay for substitute services such as cleaning equipment or crew.
- Funeral expenses (in some cases): If injuries related to accidents result in death, PIP can help pay funeral expenses.
About The InsuranceXR
The InsuranceXR is not an insurance company. We’re an independent company on a mission to help you compare all of your insurance options closely, so you can make a truly informed decision. Following are our unique features which make us proud:
- We help you compare quotes from all the major car insurance companies within minutes over a phone call. We provide you all the information from insurers and intend to help and educate you so that you make informed decisions before buying and deciding to spend your hard-earned money.
- We’re independent and have no stake in any insurance company you choose; Our intent is to simply offer you unbiased, quick & easier comparisons on your insurance options.