What is Medicare? To find which Medicare coverage is right for you, it’s important to understand what Medicare is and how it works. Don’t worry, we are here to guide you through this process.
Medicare is a federal health insurance scheme available to eligible individuals age 65 and over or individuals under 65 with certain medical conditions, such as end-stage renal disease. Medicare has different parts (referred to as Parts A, B, C, and D) designed to address your healthcare needs.
- Medicare Part A provides hospital coverage
- Medicare Part B helps pay for doctors' services and outpatient care
- Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) provide all the benefits of Parts A and B (known as Original Medicare) plus some additional services.
- Medicare prescription drug plans are known as Part D
- Medigap (Medicare Supplement) plans are state-regulated insurance policies for individuals who receive Medicare coverage through Original Medicare.