An SR22 bond is needed to cover property damage, bodily injury, and any other liability arising from an auto accident. The SR22 bond is a financial responsibility certificate that covers the driver's liability to the damage or others involved in the auto accident.
Ohio drivers that have had their licenses suspended due to driving violations are required to file an SR-22 to reinstate their driving license. However, in Ohio, a driver in need of SR22 insurance can attach an SR-22 filing onto a financial responsibility (FR) bond. These bonds must be purchased from insurers and is a cheaper way to meet an SR-22 requirement.
Why do you need SR22 Bond?
You would require an SR-22 Bond
- When your license gets suspended or revoked due to a DUI/DWI
- When you are caught driving without insurance
- When you fail to provide proof of insurance
- When you are caught falsifying motor insurance certifications
- When your license gets suspended after hit-and-run, vehicular manslaughter, committing perjury regarding vehicle registration or a driver’s license application
How much is SR22 Bond?
The cost of an SR-22 filing consists of a one-time fee of around $20 to file the document with the BMV. However, having an SR-22 certificate will increase your premium amount. The cost of the SR22 bond in Ohio will depend on your violation, age, driving history, and a few other factors. If you are looking for a cheap SR22 bond you can get in touch with us at InsuranceXr and we’ll help you get Instant and FREE quotes from top insurance providers so you can compare prices and choose the cheapest SR22 insurance.
How SR22 Bond Works?
The SR22 Bond provides liability covers to you as a driver in an at-fault accident. An Sr22 bond will provide drivers with a minimum coverage of
- $25,000 bodily injury liability per person.
- $50,000 bodily injury liability total per accident.
- $25,000 property damage liability total per accident.
The SR22 bond will not cover the car you were driving at the time of the accident, neither will it cover any medical expenses for you or anyone else in the vehicle you were driving at the time of the accident. Any damages beyond the $75,000 limit will have to be covered by you.
How to get SR22 Bond?
If you require SR22 Bond, just give us a call. Call 888-871-8890 and our support team will help you get the cheapest SR22 insurance bond instantly so you can get on the road in no time. At InsuranceXR, Our professional experts will connect you to the top SR-22 insurance providers to get customized, no-obligation, and cheap SR-22 Insurance quotes! You can easily compare rates from multiple insurance providers.