If you do not own a car but occasionally drive one and you require to file SR22 insurance then non-owner SR22 insurance is for you.
What is non-owner SR22 insurance?
Non-owner SR22 insurance policy is for drivers who do not own a car but need file an SR22 to get their driving privileges reinstated. The policy is required when you are driving a private passenger vehicle that you have no ownership of. In a non-owner SR22 policy only the owner of the policy is insured.
Who needs non-owner SR22 insurance?
If your driver’s license is suspended due to
- Driving under the influence. DUI/DWI
- At-fault accidents without insurance
- Driving without insurance
The DMV (department of motor vehicle) will require you to get SR22 insurance whether you own a car or not. A non-owner policy will help you reinstate your driving license.
What are the limitations of non-owner SR22 insurance?
- The policy depends on how often you borrowed a car.
- The policy does not extend coverage to your spouse’s car.
- A vehicle that is registered to your home address will not be covered under the policy
- It does not cover damages to the vehicle you were driving
- It does not cover medical bills of any injury sustained by you from the accident
- It also doesn’t cover any other damage or injury cost incurred by you or your passengers
How long is non-owner SR22 insurance required?
Usually, SR22 insurance is required for 3-years from the time your driving license gets suspended. However, SR22 insurance requirement changes from state to state depending on the driving violation.