Collision Car Insurance
What Is Collision Insurance? What Does It Cover?
What is collision Insurance?
Collision insurance is coverage that helps pay to repair or replace your vehicle if it is damaged in an accident with another vehicle or object, such as a fence or a tree. If you are leasing or financing your car, collision coverage is typically required by the lender. If your car is fully paid off, collision is an optional coverage on top of your car insurance policy.
What does the collision insurance cover?
These are the specific things which are covered by collision insurance:
- A collision with another vehicle
- A vehicle collides with your car while parked
- A collision with a still object – a tree, post, lamppost, railing, fence, etc.
- Damage caused by hitting a pothole on the road
- Damage caused to your car when rolled over and falling into a ditch.
These represent collisions which were not necessarily found at fault for the accident – damage caused by bumps/potholes, collisions while the car is parked, colliding with an object due to circumstances such as icy roads etc.
Advantages of having a collision insurance
On the positive side, collision insurance does offer claims for repair costs in the event of accidental damage vehicle. Collision coverage will pay for the entire cost of repair in general, be it a minor or major repair. This is why having a collision coverage allows drivers peace of mind that their vehicle investment is relatively safe. At the same time, owning such a coverage prevents the need to use savings at the time of emergencies.
Cons of having collision insurance
On the flip side, as per MSN Money, getting collision insurance sometimes means enduring a relatively high premium over the risk. However, there is a possibility that the policyholder would not use collision insurance ever, especially when they are a careful driver or the vehicle is hardly used.
About The InsuranceXR
The InsuranceXR is not an insurance company. We’re an independent company on a mission to help you compare all of your insurance options closely, so you can make a truly informed decision. Following are our unique features which make us proud:
- We help you compare quotes from all the major car insurance companies within minutes over a phone call. We provide you all the information from insurers and intend to help and educate you so that you make informed decisions before buying and deciding to spend your hard-earned money.
- We’re independent and have no stake in any insurance company you choose; Our intent is to simply offer you unbiased, quick & easier comparisons on your insurance options.